10 Things I Believe About Sugar
I became an expert in sugar because I had to. Sugar was ruining my life and I couldn’t stop and I didn’t know why. Below is my top 10 list of what I believe everyone should know about sugar.
1. In facts. And the fact is, brain scans show sugar has the same effect on the brain as many hard drugs. (1)
2. Sugar cravings is the #1 reason diets fail.
3. Because of hidden sugars, most people don’t realize how much sugar they actually consume.
4. It’s not the fat that's making you fat. It's the sugar. (2)
5. Everyone should take a break from sugar at least once and see how they feel.
6. You don’t realize how strong your sugar cravings are until you don’t have them anymore.
7. Once you take a break from sugar, real food will taste delicious and you won’t even miss or want the sugar.
8. The food industry purposefully laces our food with sugar so we’ll become hooked on it and continue to buy it. (3)
9. We are addicting our kids at a young age. The foods marketed to them is filled with sugar.
10. You CAN quit or take a break from sugar.
1. Lustig, Robert. Fat Chance: The Bitter Truth About Sugar. Harper Collins UK, 2014. 2. Hyman, MD Mark. "Fat Does Not Make You Fat." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 26 Nov. 2013. Web. 08 Mar. 2017. 3.Lustig, Robert. "Sweet Revenge: Turning the Tables on Processed Food: .: Movies & TV." 3.Lustig, Robert. "Sweet Revenge: Turning the Tables on Processed Food: .: Movies & TV." 4.